Monday, June 6, 2011

I Get Bored

I get bored sometimes by our catered meals.
 
They're great for saving money on lunch or dinner, but sometimes the choices get so boring.
 
Last week's cocktail reception was good.  Mini crab cakes, pigs in a blanket, guacamole (and chips), mini burgers (although a little dry), mini quiches (love those except for broccoli ones), chicken satay.  Obviously, that was a special occasion but that doesn't mean "meeting food" needs to be boring.  We've had some good stuff sometimes.
 
But today, it wasn't very exciting.  On the left side is what I thought was a tuna salad sandwich (but am not actually sure).  It was something in salad form.  The wrap was grilled chicken and the inside was so dry. Moist red peppers do not counteract dry chicken.  I longed for the good chicken from last week's Korilla burrito.  The green salad was boring and the vegetables lacked any life or excitement.  The salads I had yesterday from Panera and Carrabbas were way better.  Maybe I just put on too little dressing or didn't mix it very well.  But I can't exactly toss and chop the ingredients in the middle of a meeting.
 
Hopefully better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment