Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cabo Chop

I was doing my usual twitter check for lunch ideas when I stumbled upon Tri Tip Grill's latest tweet - free tri tip, chicken or salmon on any regular salad during lunch today. I love their salads and I love them even more with a promotion! (In the past, they have run promotions for free chicken on salads, $5 salads and other good stuff.)


I've tried most of the salads but today went with the Cabo Chop, one of the few that I don't think I've ever tried. Served in a crispy taco-ish bowl, it comes with romaine lettuce, tossed in a honey-lime vinaigrette, black beans, corn, jicama, radishes and avocado, to which I added the grilled chicken.


Salads from Tri Tip are big. They aren't cheap but they also don't hold back on the ingredients (or the tasty dressing). The grilled chicken, since it's coming from a place that is actually a grill and not a generic salad joint, is fresh and hot and full of that nice flavor and char you can only get from a real grill.


After yesterday's disappointing and boring salad, this was exactly what I needed. Not the healthiest salad (especially not if you start eating the bowl...) but a good sized salad full of great flavors. I haven't disliked any salad I've had there yet and doubt I will because their quality is top-notch. The hardest part is deciding which salad to get because they all sound good!

No comments:

Post a Comment