Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Alexander's Tea

Another post from the archives, this time from the end of June. Why did I not post anything in June when I wrote them?

I don't buy a lot of drinks (I usually just drink water), but when it's over 90 degrees and I'm on a long walk, I inevitably end up at Duane Reade looking for a good cold drink. Often it's Vitamin Water, but if there's something on sale for $1, it's more likely that. This time the sale was for New Jersey-based Alexander's Real Tea, which sounded good to me!


They had peach and raspberry, and I went with peach. The tea flavor wasn't very strong, but the peach flavor was nice and light. It wasn't overly sweet like some iced teas can be, but tasted more like actual fruit. I also liked that the ingredients had no artificial flavors, but relied on real cane sugar and natural flavors. I think you can taste the difference.

Would I get this again? I think I would. If there were water on sale, I'd probably get that instead since it's better hydration on a sweltering hot day, but this iced tea had a nice sweetness and was really refreshing.

(I love that I wrote this on a day when it was 90 degrees outside and the current weather is temperatures in the 20s with snow for at least the next 12 hours. What a contrast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment