Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Root Beer Freeze

The Tuesday custard this month was root beer freeze. This was a puzzling custard.


M's thoughts:
I was apprehensive about trying this custard because I'm not a big fan of root beer. Surprisingly, it barely tasted like root beer. The first spoonful I took was like vanilla ice cream with a slight aftertaste of soda (but I couldn't tell root beer or soda from the mild aftertaste). I ate some more of the custard after eating my bird dog and it didn't taste like vanilla ice cream anymore. Instead it tasted like chocolate, like a frosty! What a confusing custard. I really expected it to taste more like root beer, even though I wasn't expecting to like it. I doubt we'll get this again.

A's thoughts:
I love root beer, and I love root beer floats. I really wanted to like this custard too. In the end, this was extremely disappointing. It started out tasting just like regular vanilla custard, but it had a very feint hint of root beer flavor. After eating the burger and fries I had, the flavor seemed to change. It tasted like a Wendy's Frosty, and while that's not a bad thing, I was looking for a root beer freeze/float. In the end this was just really disappointing.

Root Beer Freeze
A's rating: 2/10
M's rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment