Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Stick

Last fall, I picked up a variety of Luna bars and reviewed them with mixed results. After discovering my favorite one to date, chocolate dipped coconut, I was wary of trying any others in case they weren't that good. This weekend I decided to get a new one (in addition to the 6 chocolate dipped coconut bars I got) - chocolate peppermint stick.

Photo source

The Luna site describes this bar as a blend of dark chocolate and candy-cane peppermint. When I opened the package, I definitely got a whiff of peppermint. The bar also didn't have the usual swirl on top so I hoped that maybe it wouldn't have that indistinguishable citrus flavor (and it didn't).

Another crappy webcam pic... sorry...

The bar had 2 layers. The bottom layer was the peppermint and it tasted like the inside of a peppermint patty. The top layer was like a crumbled chocolate cookie. The bar trial was a success... but I still like chocolate dipped coconut better. However, I think that's just a personal preference for coconut over peppermint. If you're a peppermint fan, I would encourage you to check this one out.

My rankings, through bar 7:
1. Chocolate dipped coconut
2. Chocolate peppermint stick
3. Toasted nuts 'n cranberry
4. Blueberry bliss
5. S'mores
6. White chocolate macadamia
7. Vanilla almond

No comments:

Post a Comment