Friday, March 2, 2012

Shrimp and Crab

Today at lunch it was in the 30s again (brr) so I headed over to Hale & Hearty to try their new sandwich of the month (more on that later) and get some soup.  I tried the shrimp and crab with black lentil soup for the first time.  It was okay.  Not my favorite soup they have, but it was relatively tasty and very healthy - low-fat, dairy-free, and low-calorie (only 120 calories for the small!).
 
The website describes this soup as a combination of "shrimp and crab with exotic black lentils and chipotle peppers to give a little kick."  I didn't get very much of a "kick" out of it at all.  But you could taste the shrimp and crab and there were multiple shrimp in my small container of soup.  When I heard the name, I thought this would be a thick soup like a chowder but it was very light (no cream), allowing each ingredient to shine through.  I may not get it again, but it was worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment