Thursday, March 15, 2012

Buttery Caramel Cocoa Nib

The first custard we tried for March was buttery caramel cocoa nib, the Thursday custard.


M's thoughts:
I wasn't expecting to like this custard, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I went to pick this up after work, the person I ordered from told me that there were real cocoa beans in it, and to make sure those weren't the last thing I had as they were very bitter. My first spoonful of custard (without any cocoa nibs) was very rich and full of buttery caramel. I didn't particularly like it. Then I started eating it with the cocoa nibs and that made a huge difference. They were crunchy and did have a strong bitter cocoa flavor. But mixed in with the rich custard to temper the bitterness, it was really good.

A's thoughts:
This was a very interesting custard flavor. The custard itself was a nice, rich butterscotch flavor. I do like butterscotch so this was a great first start. The beauty came when I added the cocoa nibs to the mix. The bitter dark chocolate paired extremely well with the buttery sweetness of the custard, and it also added a nice texture to each bite. All in all a very tasty flavor.

Buttery Caramel Cocoa Nib
A's rating: 8/10
M's rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment