Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chipotle Groupie

March arrived and brought with it news of a new foursquare badge called the Chipotle Groupie badge. Considering that I've been to various Chipotles more than 30 times since joining foursquare in 2010 (and that doesn't count the times A has picked it up for dinner/lunch without me), this immediately caught my attention. Apparently if you check in 3 times between March and May (unclear to me if it's 3x at one specific store or 3x at any of them), you get the badge and are entered into a sweepstakes for free burritos for a year. That would be an awesome prize.


So that day I went to lunch at Chipotle. I think it was on my brain ever since hearing about the badge. I went to one of the branches near work that I don't normally go to (the one on 48th between 6th and 7th), because the lines there are always absurdly long. Even when I went, after 1:30 pm, there were 10 people in front of me.

I got my usual burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, chicken, pico de gallo, mild salsa, medium salsa, corn salsa, cheese and lettuce. For the most part it was good, but there were at least 2 forkfuls in the middle of the bowl that tasted like the contents of a salt shaker had been emptied into those bites. It was so strange that it was so concentrated in one spot and that most of the bowl, although on the saltier side, was fine.

The next day A and I went and got dinner at a different Chipotle. I guess the badge and sweepstakes entry should be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment