Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spiced Pear Pop

I love popsicles so when TableHoppingNY announced free popsicles at People's Pops yesterday, I immediately clicked on the offer. I've had People's Pops before, and they have really interesting flavors, as well as good quality local ingredients. I decided to go to the shop in Chelsea Market (it's in the back of a food court type thing if you're looking for it) for my sweet treat.


Looking at the flavors of the day, I was torn between peach sweet tea and spiced pear (essentially, between summer and fall). I asked the guy working there what he thought, and he suggested the spiced pear, since it wasn't your usual popsicle but more like a pear puree mixed with chai spices. I love chai for the spices in it so it wasn't much of a contest after that. I went with the spiced pear and it was lovely. It wasn't icy but really had a richer flavor, more of a puree like he said. The spices were really subtle but you could tell they were there. The pear was mildly sweet, like pears truly are, rather than artificially overly sweet. I really enjoyed this popsicle and would definitely get this flavor again!

No comments:

Post a Comment