Monday, September 8, 2014

Golden Sponge Creme Cake

One of the more intriguing custards at Shake Shack lately has been the golden sponge creme cake. We weren't exactly sure what to expect, but the nice lady at Shake Shack gave us some samples before we ordered. We liked it enough to order a double cup!


M's thoughts:
My first thought on trying this custard was "cake batter." It wasn't exactly like Coldstone's cake batter ice cream but it had a lot of similarities. I really liked it. Through most of it, my thought was all about different types of cake batter. After a while, the flavor got a little less strong, but I think that's what happens once your tongue gets used to the flavor of most custards (not chocolate hazelnut). Overall though, I liked it, because I love cake batter ice cream.

A's thoughts:
The first tasting was good, but I could see that M liked this much more than I did. That being said, it was a tasty custard flavor. It really tastes like one of those Chinese sponge cakes with the creme in the middle. It's a very aptly named and flavored custard in my opinion. It's really tasty, but it's still not good enough to dethrone the top spots in our list. I would certainly be glad getting it again, though.

Golden Sponge Creme Cake
A's rating: 8/10
M's rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment