Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spicy Souvlaki Cobb

We luckily made it through Hurricane (Superstorm) Sandy with our power intact so we ate a lot of frozen food and tonight went out for some BBQ.  What I really want to eat instead is chopped fresh vegetables (not so easy in a storm disaster), so I'm going to write about my dinner from Chop't on Friday, the spicy souvlaki cobb salad.

Where is the rest of my salad? The bowl looks so ... empty.

The spicy souvlaki cobb salad (one of the current seasonal salads) consists of FreeBird lemon pepper chicken, cucumber, tomato, fried onions and feta cheese with romaine lettuce and spicy harissa dressing (that's the recommended one, which I got).


I liked the salad combination and thought it was very refreshing.  I think an olive fell in somewhere which was unexpected (but not a bad match). I liked the inclusion of the fried onions, which is different from your usual Mediterranean/Greek salad.  But what I remember most about the salad is the overpowering spicy harissa dressing.  It definitely has a kick and it was good, but it muted some of the other ingredients.  I think I like the Pink Goddess with its Mexican Goddess dressing better.  Too bad that one is only around for another day (provided Chop't is even open tomorrow after the storm!), so I will need to keep trying different salads for a favorite/go-to salad at Chop't.

No comments:

Post a Comment