Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Red Wine Poached Pear

The first custard flavor we tried in October was red wine poached pear, which was new to us (except that we had tried the Shiraz poached pear before and thought maybe they just changed the name).


M's thoughts:
I liked this one better than the Shiraz poached pear one we got before. I could taste the (mild) flavor of wine soaked pears throughout the custard, which was nice.  That said, the flavor was still fairly mild, but I guess pear doesn't lend itself that well to custard flavors.  I'm not sure I would get it again, but it was worth a try.

A's thoughts:
This custard really tasted like pear. I got a hint of wine here and there, but there wasn't that much there. One thing I did feel, and I'm not sure if this was from us freezing the custard first, was a bit of grit almost like a real pear. It was a pretty good flavor, but I don't know if we'd repeat this.

Red Wine Poached Pear
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment