Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Manos Peruanas

It was cold and rainy at lunch today, so I didn't make it more than a few blocks away. I was in the mood for something comforting and filling that I didn't need to eat with my hands, and the dishes at the Manos Peruanas cart fit the bill.


I decided on the arroz con pollo, described as chicken with cilantro rice.


The arroz con pollo I got looked very similar to its cart photo.  It was a container full of cilantro rice (which also contained peas), topped with a drumstick and a breast meat piece of chicken which was well-stewed and seasoned, and covered in red onions.


This was really tasty.  I loved how the chicken fell off the bone, the spicy green sauce, the crunchy red onions, the seasoned soft rice.  A very satisfying and filling lunch.  I would definitely return for more.

The Manos Peruanas cart is located on 47th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.

No comments:

Post a Comment