Monday, October 22, 2012

Pink Goddess

During the month of October, Chop't is offering a special Pink Goddess salad to benefit The Pink Pony Fund for cancer care and prevention.  The salad isn't a cheap lunch (over my usual $10), but $2 from each salad goes to the fund.  The salads during October are also being served in pink bowls that I wish were reusable like Just Salad bowls because I love the color.


The Pink Goddess salad consists of romaine lettuce, mesclun, Freebird grilled chicken, pickled red onions, avocado, black beans and cotija cheese, and is recommended with Mexican goddess dressing (avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, lemon).


I thought this was a really good combination, and I liked that, unlike many other Chop't salads, it didn't try to mix in something like tortilla crisps but was all protein and veggies.  It's a little pricey for an everyday salad, but I may get it again before the month is out, since it's only here for a limited time and proceeds do go to a good cause.  And now that I have my Chop't card registered, it'll get me another salad closer to a free one!

No comments:

Post a Comment