Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Custard Calendar

The May custard calendar is up and it's such an interesting lineup! I'm not sure we've ever seen these flavors before.  (The shake special also seems like a great thing to do.)


Monday - lemon chess - I guess this will taste like lemon pie?

Tuesday - oatmeal creme pie - I've never had an oatmeal creme pie but A thinks they're awesome and after googling it, I'm very excited to try it.  First day of the month (today) is a Tuesday, isn't it...

Wednesday - Mom's coconut cake - I wrote about the snowball custard last year and how much I love coconut flavors, so I'm very excited for this one.  A likes coconut and cake, so he wants to try this too (although he wonders who Mom is).

Thursday - derby walnut pie - Is May national pie month or something?  Google tells me that a derby pie is a chocolate and walnut tart.  Will it live up to gianduja?

Friday - banana bread - I think we all know what banana bread is, but will the custard taste like anything more than banana?  The bananas foster didn't do too well.

Saturday - Mexican chocolate fudge brownie - We're intrigued by this one as well (we're intrigued by the entire list, obviously).  I'm thinking it will be like spiced chocolate?

Sunday - olive oil cake - I've had the olive oil gelato at Otto and I vaguely remember an olive oil cake at dessert somewhere one day, so I'm interested to see how Shake Shack will adapt olive oil cake to a custard.  We are excited to try this.

Which one most interests you?  I'm having trouble choosing since all of the flavors are new but since we have a short month here, we will have to strategize our custard eating. Let's see how the May custards turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment