Monday, February 28, 2011

Bananas Foster

The Tuesday custard flavor for February was bananas foster. I was intrigued by this one because I think I've had bananas foster before and I wanted to see how they would translate that into a custard. The official description according to Wikipedia for bananas foster (I keep typing this as banans for some reason) is bananas and vanilla ice cream, with a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum and banana liquer.


When I tried it, I definitely tasted banana. It was basically banana ice cream to me. I wasn't that into it but I was hoping for more of the cinnamon/brown sugar flavor. A tasted a bit of caramel to it but all I got was banana.

Either way, it wasn't really our favorite custard. We only got it once this month (well, we got it on the last Tuesday opportunity to try it, but wouldn't have gone back on a subsequent Tuesday).

Bananas Foster
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment