Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mexican Chocolate Fudge Brownie

The Saturday custard this month is Mexican chocolate fudge brownie, which we thought would be like a spiced chocolate custard.


M's thoughts:
For some reason, when thinking about this custard, I kept trying to put the words "hot" or "spiced" into the name.  I think that's just what I expected it to taste like.  Instead it seemed to me to be just like chocolate, but perhaps a little more bitter, with a heavy afterkick of cayenne pepper that had been sprinkled into it.  I wasn't really a fan of the pepper after each spoonful, but I suppose that's personal preference with respect to the combination and the ingredients.

A's thoughts:
I kept thinking this was going to be chocolate custard with cinnamon and actual fudge brownie pieces mixed in. It really wasn't like that at all. Yes, it was chocolate custard, but there were no brownie pieces. There was no cinnamon or anything, but there was some sort of chili powder mixed in. I like heat, and there was good heat here, but with custard? No, not so much. Maybe if I were expecting it it would have been better, but I just didn't really like it.

Mexican Chocolate Fudge Brownie
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment