Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gazpacho Sandwich

I found myself at Hale and Hearty today picking up a late lunch and went for my usual soup-(half) sandwich combo. The gazpacho sandwich sounded interesting and I had never had it before, so I went with that. I thought it would be a good match for my soup.

Looking it up later, I found out it was the new monthly special sandwich! (I also forgot it was the first of the month...) I really liked it so I hope it sticks around for a bit.


The "gazpacho sandwich" consists of "fresh mozzarella, plum tomatoes, cucumber, roasted red peppers, red onions, fresh basil leaves, fresh mint leaves, olive oil and vinegar on a seven grain roll." It was the perfect summer sandwich. Light and refreshing, but still tasty.

I paired it with a chicken barley soup which was also quite tasty:


New soup, new sandwich, both good. Will have to go back at least once this month to make sure I can get another gazpacho sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment