Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fat Sals

Continuing my lunch adventures with R, we went to Fat Sal's on 9th Ave one day a couple weeks ago. Fat Sal's is known as a pizza joint, but I've had better luck with their sandwiches of late. So it was on this day that I got a chicken parmesan sandwich.


When I think of chicken parmesan sandwiches, I think toasted baguettes, delicately breaded and fried chicken, lots of tomato sauce, and a covering of gooey cheese. Fat Sal's does not fail to deliver in one bit. The bread has a nice crustiness from the oven toasting, but it keeps the chewiness of the baguette. The chicken is crisp and tender, the sauce is balanced between being tangy and sweet, and the cheese is plentiful and well melted.

I do think the sandwiches are better than the pizza at Fat Sal's, but that's not to say that the pizza is bad. I just really like sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment