Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uncle Sammie

Meet Uncle Sammie.


The popular lunch spot Certe has special sandwiches each month and this month's special is the Uncle Sammie. It's pulled bbq chicken with corn, green beans and a bacon-potato puree on a roll. It's perfect for summer - light but flavorful and filling. It would be great for a picnic or a bbq. And somehow, despite the fact that I had to walk 15-20 minutes to get it back to my desk, it was not soggy and did not fall apart, but was also not dry. I don't know how they do it.


The sandwich also came with a little container of cole slaw, adding to the picnic/bbq feel of the lunch. I always intend to head to Certe to try the monthly special sandwich but usually miss it. This month, when I heard what was in the sandwich, I knew I had to try it. I'm really glad I got there today before the sandwich changes in August!

Certe is located on West 55th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. The front is for take-out but they have a restaurant in the back with waiter service. They also have really good catering, which I can vouch for since we have gotten it at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment