Friday, July 9, 2010

Fette Sau

So I know I haven't been blogging nearly as much as M, but I haven't had as much to talk about. We're in the midst of compiling our World Cup eating tour, but for now I get to talk tonight about my trip with my coworkers to Fette Sau in Brooklyn tonight.

So the heat here in NYC finally broke a bit, and we dropped below 100 degrees. Luckily this was the night my coworkers and I had scheduled a BBQ outing to Fette Sau in Brooklyn. 7 of us made the trip out to Williamsburg and stuffed our faces and drank several gallons of beer in an awesome explosion of meat.

1 pound each of the Beef Brisket, Boneless Beef Ribs, Berkshire Pork Belly, and Berkshire St. Louis Style Pork Ribs. We also got one Berkshire Pork Sausage each and 1.25 pounds of Hand Pulled Berkshire Pork Shoulder. The beer consisted of 1 gallon of Brooklyn IPA, 2 gallons of Sixpoint Righteous Rye, and 1 gallon of some beer that one of my coworkers bought. Then after all of that, 4 of us each got another 1/4 pound of Boneless Beef Rib. Add in the 2 orders of German Potato Salad, 2 orders of Baked Beans with Burnt Ends, and the 1 order of Half Sour Pickles, and we probably ate more than we should have.

Seriously, the 7 of us feasted amazingly, drank amazingly, and shared tons of laughs. Would I do it again? Probably not to the same extent, but yes, I would definitely eat at this beauty of BBQ again. I wish I could describe here just how amazing this BBQ is, but there are no words that can describe it. This is definitely the best BBQ I've had here in NYC.

View from my seat: Potato Salad, beer, my plate, and our tray of feasting

Remainders of our feasting tray after our first attack

My first plate: Berkshire Pork Sausage, Berkshire Pork Belly, Boneless Beef Ribs, and Beef Brisket

No comments:

Post a Comment