Friday, January 29, 2016

Ricotta and Spinach Tortelloni

Continuing my mission to re-try all the Trader Joe's lunch items I've tried before and never posted about, another one I picked up was the ricotta and spinach tortelloni with red pesto ($1.99). This was an easy, microwave in the box, pasta like the fusilli I previously reviewed.


There were about 9 or 10 tortelloni in the box along with cherry tomatoes and some chopped zucchini and red bell peppers. The tortelloni were supposedly stuffed with ricotta and spinach, but that wasn't especially obvious from the flavor. I never really think the Trader Joe's tortelloni/tortellini have any distinct flavor apparently (see here and here). The sauce/pesto and the vegetables were pretty good, but it was more watery than I remembered from last time.


Buy Again? Maybe. It's not a bad lunch, but I like the fusilli box better. I think it's because it has more vegetables and I prefer the pesto flavor in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment