Thursday, January 21, 2016

Maltesers

On our recent trip to London, M and I were very interested in the candy sections as we've always heard about the amazing chocolates and candies you can get in Europe but not here in the US. We'd confirmed that all of the Haribo gummies taste better in Europe so we figured we should try some of their chocolates too. My coworker is originally from London, and the one candy she asked for was Maltesers. Since she liked them so much we figured we should get some too.

"To share"

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

My initial impression was that they were very similar to Whoppers but on the less sweet side. Growing up, I loved Whoppers and malted milk balls as a whole. Maltesers were so much better than anything we have here. The malted interior is much lighter and airier so it's an easier bite. The lessened sweetness also makes them easier to eat as well. That was a bit of a problem because had I not actually forced myself to stop, I would have inhaled the entire package. M liked them too, but not nearly as much as I did. Now that I've found Maltesers, I feel like I can't go back to Whoppers. I think the only thing I might like more is if they made a dark chocolate version of these. I'm going to have to ask people who go to London to bring me more of these from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment