Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This Mango Walks Into a Bar

We're not sure if this is still on the shelves since we picked it up back during "mango season," but here's our review.

Product name: This Mango Walks Into a Bar

Price: $1.99 for 6 bars


M's review: I didn't like these very much. The texture was a bit crumbly, reminding me of cereal bars I used to eat in high school all the time that would get easily crushed and would fall apart. More than the texture though, I disliked the flavor. I found it a bit artificial and not like mango at all, even though it had mango puree in it. I was expecting something more like the flavor of the mango gummies or the mango taffy, but this wasn't that.
Buy again? Not for me.

A's review: Flavor-wise I liked these just fine. They weren't spectacular, but they were good enough as a snack/breakfast bar. It's odd, though, as I didn't really taste a ton of mango. It tasted like a different type of fruit had been mixed in. I get that it's pureed mango, but whatever else they added to it really overpowered all of that flavor.
Buy again? I prefer most of the other "walks into a bar" flavors, but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment