Friday, June 10, 2016

Hatch Chile Mac and Cheese

It's late at night and I'm kind of in the mood for some mac and cheese, so here's another TJ's review!

Product: Hatch chile mac and cheese


Price: $2.99 for a 12 oz tray


Quick review: I've never tried any of the microwavable mac and cheeses at Trader Joe's before, but I've seen plenty of rave reviews about them. When they came out with the hatch chile mac and cheese this year, I knew I had to try it. I'm a big fan of green chiles and previously tried the hatch salsa, so I was intrigued. I figured it would just be mac and cheese with the chiles mixed in, and it basically was, but it was a good opportunity to try out the mac and cheese as a general matter. I really liked it. The mac and cheese was creamy and rich (but not overly rich), the chiles added a little bit of heat, the texture of the pasta had just the right amount of chewiness, and microwaving it in the tray gave it those really crusty cheesy edges that are some of my favorite parts of mac and cheese. Really good.


Buy Again? Yes! I've gotten it a couple of times now. I often try to stay under $3 for microwave lunches at home, so this just makes the cut at the high end, but it's really good and worth the "splurge."

No comments:

Post a Comment