Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week 22 - Turkish

We've never been to Turkey, but we're fairly familiar with Turkish food (or at least what's presented as Turkish food from maybe 8 or 10 different restaurants). There's so many things that we love - the mercimek kofte that made our top 10 lists one year, chicken adana, (meat) kofte, lots of salads. I knew that for Week 22 and its Turkish theme that I wanted to attempt mercimek kofte again (for the third time, as I still wasn't satisfied), but I wasn't sure what else to make. The trio of vegetarian salads that we ended up eating came together somewhat randomly, but were a great mix of flavors for dinner.


Each of these dishes feels like it deserves a post of its own, so that's what I'll do. For our Turkish night, we ate:

- Chickpea salad (nohut salatasi)
- Red lentil patties (mercimek köftesi)

Our favorite was probably the beet salad. We would definitely make that again, and we have lots more beets!

No comments:

Post a Comment