Saturday, June 28, 2014

Biscuits and Jam

One of the custards we were really looking forward to this month was biscuits & jam. We finally got to try it on the last Friday of the month!


M's thoughts:
I wasn't sure what to expect here, maybe some cookie crumbles and jam mixed in with the custard. That's pretty much what this was, but I didn't like it that much. It was vanilla flavored custard - a bit salty - mixed with a fruit flavored jam and a couple bits of biscuit crumble (not many). For the most part, it was okay, but it just wasn't one of my favorites, which is odd because I like when they mix different textures and fruit into custard. Can't explain it much more than that, but I wouldn't get it again.

A's thoughts:
This was an odd flavor for me. I didn't know what to expect. Was the ice cream going to be biscuit flavored or just biscuit infused? I honestly didn't know. In the end, it was sort of vanilla-y, but it had an odd saltiness to it that suggested biscuit batter, but... I don't know. There biscuit pieces in it which were nice, but the jam pieces I had were almost like pieces of macerated fruit. This flavor was very eh for me.

Biscuits & Jam
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment