Saturday, March 8, 2014

Habanero Express

Yet another post from last summer that I wrote but never finalized... This time, from mid-August!

After a late summer night at the hospital, I went for a family dinner at the Upper East Side branch of Bareburger. It wasn't my first visit to Bareburger, but it's their first appearance on this blog. We are fans of Bareburger, a local chain which has many branches throughout the boroughs of NYC (and is expanding rapidly throughout the country). The burgers aren't cheap, but the quality is high and the ingredients are good.

This time I decided to go with the Habanero Express turkey burger on a multigrain bun (it's mix and match between combinations and type of protein). I was in the mood for spicy and bold flavors, so something with the name "Habanero Express" should work, right?


The Habanero Express burger came with pepper jack cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, poblano pepper relish, raw red onions, spicy pickle chips and habanero chipotle mayo. Sounded like there should be spice to me!


Although the burger tasted really good, I thought it was pretty mild. It could be that my tolerance level was high at the time or my allergies had dulled my senses or maybe it really just wasn't that spicy. The poblano relish did have a really great flavor, all the other ingredients were fresh, the turkey burger itself was well-seasoned and juicy, and overall I liked it. Just not as spicy as I expected it would be.


I would get this burger again. I like Bareburger because the ingredients - organic and locally-sourced - are just better than your average burger joint. You can make your own burger or go with their many delicious sounding combinations. So many options and all really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment