Friday, March 28, 2014

Black Sesame Citrus

One of the more interesting custard flavors this month at Shake Shack is black sesame citrus. Black sesame is one of our favorite ice cream flavors (we've had some fantastic scoops at Chinatown Ice Cream Factory and Sundaes & Cones) and we hoped this custard would be great too.


M's thoughts:
My first spoonful of this custard had two distinct tastes - black sesame and a yuzu-like citrus flavor. After the first spoonful, however, all I got was the citrus and some floral flavor with a (very) light undertone of sesame. The citrus definitely overpowered the black sesame for me and I was hoping that the black sesame would have a stronger presence. I think in the future I would rather stick with plain black sesame ice cream.

A's thoughts:
I was really hoping that this would be a really heavy black sesame flavor similar to Chinatown Ice Cream Factory, but it was really really mild. My first bite was mild black sesame with a small hint of citrus. The rest of my bites didn't really have any major citrus flavor at all except for maybe some of the melted part at the bottom. This wasn't my favorite flavor, and I really had some high hopes for it.

Black Sesame Citrus
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment