Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Still No Tortas for Me

Stop #2 on the goodbye tour: one of my favorite food trucks, Mexico Blvd. Although I said earlier that I was going to skip most food trucks that made night and/or weekend stops, they were parked right outside the office today and I couldn't help myself. I kept missing them recently due to my erratic lunching schedule, so it felt right to go on my goodbye tour.

I thought about getting a torta since I like tortas and I've never tried one there. Really, even with my taco addiction, I considered it. But in the end those Mexico City style tacos drew me back in.

I have gotten the same order almost every time I go - the two taco special which comes with small chips & guacamole and a drink.


Today I got the tinga (shredded chicken in tomato & chipotle marinade) and the pastor (sweet spicy pork topped with pineapple slices). I debated between the pastor and the adobo (marinated pork in their great grandmother's recipe), since I like them both, but ultimately went with the pastor because I was in the mood for pineapple. My favorite of the 3 is probably the tinga.


The tacos were just as good as usual - juicy, full of flavor, and a generous portion. The chips were crispy (although they are plain chips now - I miss the chili pepper dusted ones from before), the guacamole was nice and creamy, and my tamarind drink was sweet and cooling. Such a great combo. (They have another one with 3 tacos but I like the guacamole and drink too much to give that up.)

Since it appears I have never talked about the adobo, here's a photo of the adobo taco from October to satisfy your curiosity about what it looks like. (I thought I had gotten it last time or fairly recently, but I looked through photos of multiple visits and had to go as far back as October to find the adobo.) It's really good so I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it more recently.


Next time I go, I must get a torta. As much as I love the tacos, I really ought to try one. It's just so hard when the tacos are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment