Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lemon Meringue

Another new custard for us is this month's Monday custard: lemon meringue.


A's thoughts:
My initial sip of the melted custard was full of lemon tartness, and it tasted very fresh even though it was custard. However, all subsequent sips/tastes of the custard lacked that initial explosion of flavor. Here and there I was able to get a hint of the citrus flavor. I tried to mix it up better, but even that didn't make it that much stronger of a flavor. Some bits tasted like vanilla custard. It was only the first sip that really exploded in my mouth with lemon flavor, but I still got hints here and there.

M's thoughts:
A and I tasted really different things in this custard, which was really odd. I felt like my first spoon tasted like a lemon creamsicle. It tasted like citrus but also cream, and I'm not really a fan of creamsicle flavors. But as I kept eating it, I tasted more of a sweet lemon flavor that I couldn't quite place. Lemon cake? I'm not sure but I thought it was ok. I definitely tasted the lemon though, the entire time.

Lemon Meringue
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment