Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cherry Chip

Our first new custard from the June calendar: cherry chip!


M's thoughts:
When I saw the reddish color of the cherry chip custard, I was excited. The flavor of black cherry Chobani yogurt popped into my head and I was expecting a rich cherry flavor with chocolate chips mixed in. Chocolate and cherries are a great combination, so I thought I would really like this. Sadly, I didn't. I barely tasted any cherry, despite the color of the custard. It was just sort of mildly, indistinguishably sweet with chocolate chips. A little disappointing and I don't think it's because it melted a bit on the way home.

A's thoughts:
The chocolate chips from this custard were great. There were so many that each bite seemed to have at least 2 unless you consciously dropped them out. That's about all the custard got right, though. The cherry flavored custard didn't really taste like cherry. There was a hint here or there, but overall there wasn't much there. I had high hopes for this as cherry jubilee ice cream is one of my favorites from my childhood, and adding big chocolate chips seemed like a slam dunk. It sadly fell short, though.

Cherry Chip
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment