Friday, June 7, 2013

Every Grain of Rice Preview II

Now that I finally finished recapping our first dinner from the Every Grain of Rice cookbook (see here for smacked cucumbers in garlicky sauce, here for ma po tofu, and here for stir-fried beansprouts with Chinese chives), it's time to tell you about the second set of dishes I've added to our repertoire!

The first time, since I was new to the cookbook, I chose "vegetarian menu 1" out of the suggested menu ideas section. This time I just flipped around until I found recipes that sounded interesting and like they might go together. I tried to pick a similar set of dishes with respect to type - one protein dish, one vegetable dish, and one cold dish - figuring that they would make for a balanced meal.


For our second dinner, we ate:

- Black bean chicken
- Stir-fried green soy beans with snow vegetable
- Delectable lotus root salad

Although I like lotus root a lot, I wasn't thrilled with how the lotus root salad came out. But the other two dishes were delicious and we've made them again since then. Hopefully it won't take two months to recap these dishes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment