Monday, June 10, 2013

Inner Peas

I braved the pouring rain to go to Trader Joe's today to pick up some veggies and cheese, and during my slow perusal of the aisles I saw one of the Fearless Flyer signs promoting something called "Inner Peas." I don't know how long this has been in the store, but I don't remember seeing it on my past few visits or further back when I picked up the kale chips (that we didn't like very much). The name amused me, and the snacks looked like something we might enjoy. Kind of like a snack version of the green bean fries at TGI Friday's, but baked instead of fried. 

Have you found Inner Peas? (ha ha)

We broke open the bag today after dinner since we were looking for a snack. I guess we're purists, since we ate them right out of the bag. And finished the entire bag. That wasn't intentional, but at least eating the entire bag isn't as unhealthy as other snacks might be (less than 500 calories for the entire thing).

Back of the bag

The Inner Peas snacks are very light and crispy and they definitely taste like green peas (which are the first ingredient). We liked that they weren't overly salty, just a little hint of salt, and weren't greasy at all. From some googling, it seems that there was a previous version of Inner Peas that was disliked because it was more cornmeal than pea, but that is definitely not an issue here. These are deliciously addictive and they're so light that you don't feel too guilty or gross afterwards.


Would we get these again? Absolutely. They're $1.49, so not too expensive for a tasty and fun snack. Love Inner Peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment