Friday, May 3, 2013

On the Road Again

One year ago yesterday, Sweetery teamed up with the Food Network for a pop-up truck called Cupcakes on the Road. They featured cupcake flavors based on various travel destinations as well as a free tote bag. Both A and I took advantage of the free cupcakes.


I got the pineapple crunch (inspired by Hawaii and Aston Resorts). It was a perfect fit since I love Hawaii and we have actually stayed at an Aston Resort. The cupcake was good - like a crumb cake cupcake and just as moist as all the Sweetery ones I've had before. It got a little crushed on my walk back to the office but survived mostly intact. At a different truck stop, A picked up the Mississippi Mud, but I don't have a picture of that one.

Yesterday, Sweetery and Food Network teamed up again but this time - it was popcorn on the road! I'm not a huge fan of popcorn but of course I was going to check it out for a free snack.


I narrowed it down to bacon BBQ, spicy cajun and chipotle cheddar and eventually decided to go with the chipotle cheddar (inspired by Texas). It was pretty good and had a zestier cheese flavor than regular cheddar popcorn, but I thought the flavor would be stronger. I didn't love it, but I think that's more about my feelings about popcorn than the popcorn itself.

What will it be next year? Donuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment