Thursday, February 13, 2014

Passion Fruit Zico

I was at Whole Foods the other day looking for something to drink when I stumbled upon a last chance sale on coconut water. (I also found Bell's Brewery sampling some fantastic beer, but that wasn't really what I meant by a drink.) I guess they're phasing out a bunch of items, including a few Zico flavors. The sale sign was also under the original flavor which I thought was odd, and I didn't read it closely enough in my rush to realize that only the passion fruit and mango were on sale. I ended up getting the passion fruit when the person at the register swapped the regular-priced original out for one that was discounted. I love passion fruit flavor, so I figured this water couldn't be that bad.


Well, it was. I hated it and completely understood why Whole Foods wasn't going to carry it anymore. It tasted just like some medicine I took when I was younger. In this case, since I didn't get a drink for fun and needed it because I was really dehydrated, I just pretended it was medicine in order to get it down. Just did not taste pleasing to me at all.

I only ended up drinking half of it and gave the rest to A. Unlike me, A thought the fruit flavor here was mild, nice and tart. He doesn't really like flavored coconut water but preferred this to some of the other flavors like chocolate. I let him finish it as I had no desire to remind myself of a medicine whose name I have clearly blocked from my memory. I don't mind the pineapple flavor but I don't think I'll ever get the passion fruit one again. Good thing it was only 67 cents after my bag discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment