Monday, February 24, 2014

John DeLucie's Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Hale and Hearty's last Chef's Series offering comes from John DeLucie of The Crown and The Lion fame. His soup is Chicken Pot Pie, and he tries to capture the rich, heartiness of a pot pie filling. Hale and Hearty describes the soup as "Acclaimed Chef John DeLucie brings us this terrific soup version of an American classic, straight from his innovative restaurant The Crown. A comforting blend of white meat chicken simmered with fresh vegetables, herbs and heavy cream."

Just missing a big puff pastry

The soup is indeed extremely warm and comforting, and it's chock full of goodness with peas, carrots, potatoes, and pearl onions mixed in with the creamy broth and white meat chicken. The only thing I was missing while eating this was a giant puff-pastry top to break up into the rich soup. I'm extremely glad that I came in on the first day of its offering because I know I will be going back to get more. If you're a fan of chicken pot pie, you owe it to yourself to try this. The only drawback to the soup is that it isn't the healthiest, but come on, it's chicken pot pie. What exactly were you expecting? It's the perfect warmth for the coming cold NYC winter days.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! (found it on a google search) I definitely have to order this before the offering is over tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    puff ikea

    ReplyDelete