Thursday, February 20, 2014

IGK - Seafood Pajun

It's been a long time since I tried anything new at IGK, but I recently went there and saw that they were offering a lunch special for seafood pajun. If you've never had it before, pajun is a Korean scallion pancake made with egg, rice flour, and scallions. It's similar to a Chinese scallion pancake, but it's a little denser and chewier. The seafood offering from IGK also added in pieces of squid and a couple shrimp as well.

Seafood Pajun

This wasn't the best seafood pajun I had ever had, but it was still pretty good. Texture-wise it was a bit softer than I'm used to. Most likely that was caused by the fact that it was a bit thicker in some places than others. The pieces were also a little flimsy. Flavor-wise this was pretty good. It wasn't too salty, and the crispier charred parts were nice. I wish it had been cooked a little longer so that more of it could have crisped, but it took a little while to make this as it was. The squid didn't get overly chew either so that was a pleasant surprise.

The pajun came boxed with a spicy soy sauce as well, but I didn't get any heat at all. I don't think it was fully necessary, but it added a little different flavor to the mix. Would I get this again? Sure. It's not bad, but it is a bit more expensive than the other things I usually get. It's not an every time type of thing, but it's a nice treat here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment