Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chipotle Turkey

Au Bon Pain has a special place in my heart, mostly due to nostalgia. I know it's a chain, but we had one on campus in college and I went there a lot when I was avoiding the dining hall (which really wasn't that awful). So many memories of late night visits for chicken caesar wraps which I devoured at midnight while beginning my studying or writing. I didn't exclusively get the chicken caesar wrap (I ate my fair share of Thai chicken sandwiches), but there were a lot of them.

So when I went to ABP to get my free birthday sandwich this year, I faced a dilemma: nostalgia or adventure? Should I get a chicken caesar wrap to try to relive my college days, knowing that this many years later it was unlikely to live up to my memory of it? Or should I try something new that the current me might like more?


Clearly, since this isn't a wrap, I decided to try something new and went for the chipotle turkey sandwich. It came on ciabatta bread and had layers of turkey, chipotle cheddar cheese, roasted tomatoes, avocado and arugula with chipotle mayo.


I really liked this sandwich. It tasted fresh and clean and the ingredients worked well together. I liked the spiciness of the chipotle cheddar cheese and the chipotle mayo, which was balanced by the creamy avocado. I don't think this sandwich was offered 15+ years ago or I would have tried it back then (at least I like to think I would have) and probably added it to the regular ABP rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment