Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nuchas

I love empanadas. (I may have mentioned that before.) So I'm not sure how I managed to not try the empanadas from Nuchas until yesterday, considering that I pass by the kiosk in Times Square almost every day going to and from work and I often see their food truck roaming around Midtown.


I stopped by the truck for a late snack and it was tough choosing an empanada because they all sounded good. I was intrigued by the jambalaya empanada because jambalaya is an empanada filling I've never had before and it was made with turmeric dough. Sadly, since it was late, they were sold out which meant I went with my second choice - spicy chicken.


The spicy chicken empanada was made with paprika dough (although I didn't notice much difference in flavor from regular empanada dough) and was filled with spicy chicken, chipotle, tomatoes, onions, peppers and basil. The dough was flaky and thin, but didn't split open while eating. The flavors of the chicken and vegetables were balanced, and tasted really healthy.

I liked this empanada a lot and am a little upset with myself for waiting so long to try one. I can't wait to get another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment