Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Farewell to Dishes

Dishes, I love your market table, but I'm done.

My market table buffet lunch

I get that quality ingredients cost money. I understand that by the pound buffets are bad for my wallet when I like "heavy" things like fish and chicken and tofu blocks and beets. I knew your market table was expensive. But apparently in the year that I haven't visited, you raised the price to $11.50 per pound?!  I love the variety of the dishes and I love the flavors, but $11.50?! Seriously?! I think my jaw hit the floor at the register.

Tomato jalapeno salad, the albacore tuna salad I always get, and Brazilian chicken salad

There aren't a lot of lunch buffets where I can get the variety I got today:

- albacore tuna salad
- chicken shawarma
- Indian carrot salad
- marinated summer cabbage, cucumber and carrot salad
- tomato jalapeƱo salad
- gemeli salad with sundried tomatoes, mozzarella and olives
- Moroccan beet salad
- Brazilian chicken salad
- golden sesame tofu
- matbuha (Moroccan spicy stewed tomato and pepper salad)

I was as unhappy as that chihuahua about the price increase

But, unless I'm going on someone else's dime, I'm not going back. $10/lb was already pushing it but now it's just unaffordable for an everyday lunch.  I know it won't matter to them since it's always so packed there that the line doubles back on itself during the lunch rush, so one less customer isn't a big loss. It's just so disappointing that they raised the prices by so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment