Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cupid's Choice

On Valentine's Day, I made a special trip to Times Square (outside of my normal commute) because I had heard that Dunkin Donuts was giving out free donuts.  Free donuts?  A February day when it wasn't that cold? Yes, I'll wait in line. 


Dunkin Donuts was giving out their special heart-shaped Valentine's Day donuts - both the Cupid's Choice (the one below) and the new Brownie Batter one.  When I got there, they were only giving out pink ones.  By the time I got up to the booth to spin the wheel (for a chance to get free credits on the app), they had moved on to chocolate, but I was completely full of donuts (and lunch).

I love heart shaped food

The Cupid's Choice donut is a yeast donut with Bavarian cream, strawberry icing, and pink, white and red heart sprinkles.


I am not a big fan of cream-filled donuts so it was no surprise to me that the cream was my least favorite part. Without it, it would be like ordering any of the regular icing + sprinkle donuts that they have at Dunkin Donuts. The cream for me just overpowers the donut flavor. Donuts aren't really in my "get healthy" diet plan, but I think if I do get them, I will just stick to my usual non-cream donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment