Sunday, December 26, 2021

Week 15 - Chocolate

Although the Week 15 challenge took place back in April, I didn't actually complete it until it was time to make Christmas cookies in December. I kept intending to make some chocolate cookies, but just never got around to it, putting it off week after week, sometimes changing my mind about which cookies I was going to make. In the end, I decided to make some chocolate chocolate chip cookies, topping some with Andes mints, adapting the recipe I found on Chocolate with Grace.


I followed the recipe closely, other than replacing the egg with a flax egg and substituting chocolate chips for the Andes mint baking pieces because I didn't have the latter. I also only put one Andes mint on top and only on about half the cookies, since I wasn't sure if B would be a fan, having never had Andes mints before. I was a little concerned that the mint topping wasn't going to work when it hadn't melted after one minute, which was what the recipe indicated, but it just took a little longer and ended up being fine. The cookies were really good, and I would make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment