Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Week 10 - Foam

Foam in the food context makes me think of two things: modernist cooking (not really my thing) and Top Chef (so many foams), so I had no idea what I was going to do for this challenge. I considered skipping it until I read on Modernist Bread that proofed dough was a closed-cell foam, bread was an open-cell foam, and fully baked bread was a set foam. I didn't know there were so many types of foam, but with that newfound knowledge, it was pretty easy to choose bread for this challenge.


I was doing a cooking class around this time where focaccia was on the menu, so I made focaccia for the foam challenge. Not sharing the recipe since it's not mine or publicly available, but it was a great class where we made focaccia, caprese salad, and wedding soup. A bit of a late night making three dishes at once in our not-very-big kitchen, but it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment