Saturday, December 11, 2021

Week 13 - Stuffed

The stuffed challenge popped up right around the time I had signed up for a cooking class to make Paraguayan empanadas, so it was a perfect fit! I didn't have time to get the pre-packaged empanada discs from the store before making them, so I made my own dough, which was more work but still seemed to come out okay. As usual, I was completely incapable of rolling them into circles or any remotely symmetrical shapes, so A had to take over that task.


I made the filling vegetarian, using black beans, corn, green peppers, red peppers, onions, and scallions, and then put them in the air fryer for about 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. They turned out pretty well despite not being deep fried, but I think if I made these again, I'd get the pre-made discs to make our lives easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment