Monday, March 21, 2016

Chicken Barley

I'm fighting off a cold right now, and when I try to fight off a cold (and also when it's cold) my first thought is always soup. Off to Hale and Hearty I went as usual. I was a little concerned because I didn't see a lot of options I would naturally attribute to cold (sickness) busting soups, but there were plenty of options for cold (temperature) busting options. That being said, the one that I did find on the menu, and the one I ended up getting, was perfect for both. The website describes the Chicken Barley as "A thick and comforting barley soup loaded with white meat chicken, vegetables and fresh herbs."


Aside from odd coloration issues from my phone camera, this soup was everything I could have ever needed on a day like today. The soup is really thick and hearty because of the starch from the barley, and you get an intense chicken broth flavor that was really good for my cold. The soup itself is full of chicken, carrots, celery, and onion along with the extra herbs and spices that are thrown in as well. It was an amazing and perfect soup for how I felt with my illness, and it's perfect for any cold weather we're going to have in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment