Monday, June 22, 2015

Purple Power

Today I was pretty lucky while walking by Bryant Park on my way to work. A few people were dragging a huge tub full of ice and V8's new Purple Power juice. I'm not sure if I was the first person they handed out to, but I'm going to just say I was to feel awesome about myself. This juice seems right up both my and also M's alley. It's made of purple carrots, beets, and a touch of apple. That's actually a blend that M and I had done previously in our juicer, and the real beauty is that there's absolutely no sugar added.


The juice was great for such a hot day. The purple carrots and beets give this juice an amazing earthy flavor, and that hint of apple gives it just the right amount of sweetness. Often times these types of juices have too much of the sweet juice added in, and that dominates the flavor. I love that this juice lets the purple carrots and beets be the true stars. I really love this juice, and I think M would love it as well. I do understand that not everyone likes that earthy flavor that the root vegetables give, but this is really in my wheelhouse. I'm happy with the hint of sweetness that really rounds this juice out and would love to get more, free or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment