Sunday, December 28, 2014

Revisiting Earl

One of the things I look forward to every time my birthday month rolls around is my free sandwich for being part of the club at Earl of Sandwich. I've mentioned Earl of Sandwich on here plenty of times as a good place for an affordable, quick, tasty sandwich. The toughest dilemma is always what to get for the free sandwich. This time, I decided to revisit the chipotle chicken avocado sandwich, which I first tried about 2 years ago.


It's chipoTLe not chipoLTe, drives me crazy...

When I would order the sandwich in the past, I would get it without the bacon (which left the chicken, avocado, lettuce, cheddar, and chipotle sauce). I still mostly think of bacon as a condiment but I eat more of it now, so I decided to try the sandwich as it was meant to be. I was so (pleasantly) surprised when I saw them sprinkling on bacon bits instead of strips of bacon when they made the sandwich this time. I was confused as to why I wouldn't have gotten them in the first place if they were just bacon bits, but luckily this was something I actually posted about 2 years ago, or I would have never remembered that back then the promo pics had huge strips of bacon instead. That explained everything!


I don't know whether it was just less expensive to use bacon bits or if it was the result of consumer feedback or corporate taste testing, but I really liked the sandwich with the bacon bits on it. This is still one of my favorite sandwiches at Earl and I like it so much that I got it instead of a festive holiday sandwich (and anyone who has read here for a while would know I love my holiday sandwiches!). Would definitely return for another one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment