Friday, December 19, 2014

Monterey Ranch

Despite the pulled pork debacle a couple of months ago, I'm still a sucker for promotional and limited edition sandwiches at Wendy's, always hoping they'll live up to the glory that was the wild mountain chicken sandwich. This time around, I got the Monterey ranch crispy chicken sandwich that I've seen advertised all over TV (which I think is a limited time recurring item). It looked pretty tasty and I was fairly confident that there would be no broccoli slaw this time!


The Monterey ranch crispy chicken sandwich consists of a chicken patty, a slice of cheese, a large leaf of lettuce, and some creamy ranch dressing. The chicken here is more of a formed patty like the other crispy chicken sandwich on the value menu (which I guess is now the "right price right size" menu), and not the "homestyle chicken" which would have cost much more than $1.79 (which is already more than a lot of the rest of the country). I usually prefer the homestyle since it's more "real" chicken, but this was fine (and cheap!).


The sandwich was exactly what it sounded like - a chicken patty with cheese and ranch dressing - which is a pretty good combination. It was fine, but not enough for lunch for me despite the calorie count on the menu board. I can tell you that it pairs quite nicely with the caesar side salad. Overall, I liked it and if it's still there on a future Wendy's visit, I would consider getting it again. But it wasn't so awesome that I would make a special trip to get it before it's gone if I weren't in the area. All that said, it was definitely better than the last limited edition sandwich I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment