Thursday, November 20, 2014

Maple Ginger

The first new custard that we've had in a while was today's maple ginger. We were intrigued by it, but it wasn't quite what we were expecting.


M's thoughts:
I'm not sure why, but I thought the "ginger" part of maple ginger meant ginger root, so I was surprised when A brought home the custard and it was covered with pieces of gingerbread cookies. The custard was pretty much what it sounded like - maple syrup flavored ice cream with gingerbread pieces. The match was okay, but some of the bigger, less crumbly pieces of gingerbread were really hard and cold in the custard, so a bit harder to eat. It was good, but I don't think I need to have it again.

A's thoughts:
So maple ginger, to me, meant a maple based custard with accents of ginger. I was envisioning that sweet maple flavor paired with the spice of the ginger. That's only sort of what we got. It was indeed a sweet maple custard, but the ginger came in the form gingerbread cookies. They don't quite have the same ginger spice that I was hoping for from actual ginger, but they tasted good. They also added a really intriguing crunch to the custard. I'd probably be happy getting it again since I do like the flavor profile.

Maple Ginger
A's rating: 8/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment